Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Tire Swapping


I needed to drive down to LA for a wedding today, so I took one of the old wheels that I just brought down from my parents house (the one that still had functional rubber), and one of the wheels off of the '93 Eldo, and put them on the '95 Eldo. We did this last night at 11:30 p.m.



Not wanting the car to look even junkier than it already does, I swapped the wheels around on the 95 so that the two chrome wheels were on the drivers side, and the two matte aluminum wheels were on the passenger side, so at least each side of the car looked like it had matching wheels. This may not be the best option for tire wear, but it sure save on embarrasment.

Oh - two of these wheels that the tire shop installed were almost impossible to get off the car, I had to stand on the wrench to get the lugnuts off. Someone didn't set the tourque on the air wrench to the right setting... It shouldn't take 155 lbs to loosen the lugnut!

No comments: