Thursday, February 07, 2008

Paint Class - Day 12

Tonight we went over our tests from Tuesday (I got a C - better than I was expecting). I Learned that PPG stands for Pittsburg Plate & Glass and purchased Ditzler a number of years (maybe decasdes at this point).

We also partnered up and took apart an accuspray gun to see if it needed any new parts. We ordered one part, a gasket, but neither my partner or I had the tools we needed to open the gun up (as did about 95% of the class), so who knows if we needed any other parts.

On Tuesday we will install the new parts, and see if the guns will spray.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well PPG *used to* stand for "Pittsburgh Plate Glass" but that is no longer true. The letters do not stand for anything anymore, but it's just short for the full name "PPG Industries, Inc." That change happened in 1968.