Friday, January 29, 2010

Test run of the eldo

I went on a hike with a friend, and had left my regular set of keys (to the 95 eldo) in someone else's car, so I took the opportunity to take the 1967 eldo out -  8 miles out and back. On the way out, the car was being sluggish, and then rear wheel started smoking and I realized that the emergency brake pedal didn't pop up all the way...It's supposed to pop up on it's own when you put it in gear. and I swear  I saw it come  up, but it must have just moved. I wonder why it's sticking?

After our hike, on the way back, I made sure to pull the release under the dash so that the pedal came up all the way. It ran OK, there were a couple times where it didn't quite shift at the right time, and there was a little dieseling when I stopped to put some gas in it on the way back. But no problems starting up or running.

No comments: