Sunday, March 21, 2010

Cadillac Club tour to Filoli Gardens

Took the 67 eldo to this tour I was leading for the Nor Cal CLC club, We went to Bucks for brunch, and then to Filoli to view the spring gardens.

On the way down 280, the steering wheel cap shifted, and the horn started sounding. I found that holding the cap half way on with the palm of my hand kept the horn from sounding, but once I got off the freeway, found it difficult to turn the wheel and keep the cap depressed half way so I kept sounding the horn off. There were a lot of "sorrys" to fellow motorists. If you've ever heard the horn in a 67 eldo you'll know why. it's like a freight train is behind you...

I tried taking the cap off to stop the horn from blowing, but couldn't get it to pop off, and it was creating way too much noise...

When we got the Bucks, Jim ran into the hardware store next to the restaurant, and got some black electrical tape. We wrapped that around the cap to keep it help in place.

The tour itself was fun there were about 6-7 cars that showed up one other eldo (a '69), an XLR, a LaSalle, and a couple of 60's devilles.

No comments: