Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Almost Lost the '93...

So my cars are parked on the street around the block my apartment is on, and the '93 Eldo has not been near a car wash in a number of months so it's looking pretty dirty right now. Apparently, someone is sick of looking at it because there was a notice on it from the city of Berkeley letting me know they were going to tow it if I didn't move it dated 7/21. Luckily yesterday I drove home a different way, and saw the windshield when I pulled up to my place. The part about it that I thought was pretty hilarious was the chalk markings they used to determine if the car had moved...they were a little over the top. there was a vertical mark on the tire from the wheel to the ground then there was a half circle on the ground marking where exactly the tire was and then a crossing mark which also lined up with the mark on the tire it looked a little too CSI...I wondered what they would do if I moved the car an inch so the lines didn't line up anymore...

Actually, there were two notices on it. The other was from a guy who had seen the for sale sign on it months ago, and wanted to know if I still wanted to sell it. Then someone else walked by it and wrote on that guy’s note that they would also like to know if the car was till for sale.

I called the first guy, and he said he'd look into how much it was going to cost to fix and call me back today, and since I'm sure he will not be calling back, I'll call the second guy tonight.

No comments: