Saturday, March 17, 2007

No Cadillac...

Well, the Cadillac (converible) did not make it to my house this weekend. I called a tow guy off of craigslist who said he had a flatbed trailer and would tow it the 60+ miles for $150. My sisters Husband had charged the battery up and it started when I got down there, but had a very hard time moving it, the brakes seem to be frozen.

When the tow truck guys came by, it wouldn't start again. We tried jump starting it with another car, but that didn't work. The trailer they had was too low to make it down the steep driveway and I wasn't willing to let his tow it up the driveway with his truck to load it on the trailer in the street, so I sent them home with $20 in gas money for coming out.

After they left, we tried charging the battery again, and it did start again, I'm guessing the alternator is not working, or maybe some wiring to the alternator is corroded.

No comments: