Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Broken Fuel line?

Ugh...On my way home last night from Sears, I was driving the 1995 Eldorado, When a small car that I was following a little too closely ran over two pieces of wood, flinging one up into the front bumper of my car, and the other under the body of my car.

I thought "crap that sounded bad, it probably poked a hole in the bumper..." when I pulled into our driveway, about a mile from where the wood hit the car, Jim said he smelled gas. When I opened the door, the scent of gas hit me in the face. and there was gas dripping out from under the car like crazy. When I shut the car off it stopped, and luckily I did not have a full tank of gas, otherwise our driveway would be extremely flammable today, and I would be out the $60 it takes to fill up the tank.

After inspection, the first piece of wood left a nice scar on the bumper (fortunately, it looks like it can be buffed out). The second one that went under the car, and seems to have broken (or at least disconnected) the fuel line from what looks like the fuel filter(?). I moved the car in the spot reserved for cars that are not running and took the 944 to work today. When I moved it the gas started leaking again.

No comments: