Monday, June 04, 2007

New Brakes on the '67 vert

My dad and I changed the rear drums on the '67 deVille. The one thing I'm not sure about is the drums. The new ones do not have the hole in them to attach to the wheel hub.

We did not get to bleed the brakes, so there is no pedal (and therefore no brakes). So next step is to bleed the brakes and check for leaks. The rear passenger side cylinder looked like it may have a leak, but it was hard to tell, since there were so many bugs and so much dirt and rust built up.

I also need to put some power steering fluid in the car, and change the oil and other fluids.

It starts, but only after charging the battery, which doesn't seem to want to hold a charge, so I may need a new battery as well. I suppose it could be the generator. Maybe I can bring the battery in to an auto parts store to test it? can they tell if it's still good?

No comments: