Friday, September 07, 2007

double RRRRR.

This morning I checked the tire level on the problem wheel on the 95 Eldo, and the air was low...20 PSI (should be 35 PSI). This sucks because it means the leak was not fixed. It may be leaking slower, but it hasn't stopped. I pulled it into the garage, and filled the tire, then filled the tire in the '93 Eldo since it was right there, and it was also low (most likely from sitting for a year more than anything else...).

Here's what makes it a double-rrrrr...I went to leave and all the car did was Click, Click, Click. The battery had died in the '95! What the Hell, I JUST started it, and it has not shown any signs of battery drain in the past. I checked the on-dash display, and it was showing 11 Amps, but I think It needs at least 12 to turn over. I only have a trickle charger which takes like, an hour to charge the battery up one amp, so I drove the 944 to work today.

I'm thinking now that I must not have let it run long enough the two times I started it this morning (once when Jim left for work and my car was in the way, and once to put it in the garage to fill the tire. I hope the battery didn't decide to kick the bucket right then. When I get home I will put the trickle charger on it and try starting it up tomorrow...

No comments: