Sunday, March 02, 2008

duh

This morning, (well, it was morning for me, but it may have technically been the afternoon...) I went out to get the mail, and there were these three teenage guys in a loose formation, making their way across the street from my neighbors house. They look a little hip-hop, they also looked lost. One of them asked if I could "electrify" his car (um he didn't speak English very well) which was around the corner. I said sure, went inside and grabbed my keys (while trying to scarf down the bowl of cereal I had in my had so it wouldn't get soggy).

I grabbed the jumper cables from the 944, and drove around the corner to their Chevy (Malibu?). I assumed they weren't stealing te car since they had the keys for it. They already had cables, so we used them, and I hooked my car up. It wasn't working though. Hmmm. Then we moved the ground, turns out I totally put the ground cable on a painted surface which does not conduct electricity properly, so once we moved it to a metal grounding point their car started right up. I'm going to claim sleepiness on this one, but really I think it's just forgetfulness.

No comments: