Wednesday, June 21, 2006

last week

So on Sunday after the show, I thought “wouldn’t it be nice to listen to music on the way home?" so, I attempted to have the radio installed at a Circuit City in LA somewhere near El Segundo. They wanted to charge me $120 in labor (what happened to FREE Install?!) because I wanted it in the glove box. What a rip-off. The guy working there seemed kind of shady too so I skipped it. I'm at the point where I think I will just do the install myself. I just have to figure out where to buy a bezel (or maybe I can make one).

Also, on the ride down my car started to not start after I shut it off. I had it jumped twice before I discovered through the help of a couple other people that my battery cable was the problem. So I got a battery terminal cleaner (most awesome invention ever!) and cleaned and tightened the cable almost every time I wanted to start the car. On Sunday, the car over heated and spewed coolant all over the engine compartment, but mostly all over the battery. I sopped up all the coolant, and cleaned the battery terminals and after it was all dry it would start again. Though not very well. The last time I started it, it sparked a little, and I noticed the plate that holds the cables down was not tightened enough, the whole set up is kind of janky. I think I will go get a new battery cable as soon as I can.

No comments: