Thursday, June 01, 2006

New Carb in


Jim and I put the new carb in last night. Right on the side of the street, because we have no garage. It seems to work OK, starts right up! Though I'll have to adjust the idle a little, it's running a little fast.

Two problems we ran into, were the part that connects to the throttle linkage did not line up properly, (see the image above)so we had to swap that part off the old carb. It could have been bent, or maybe that's what's different on the deville version?

the other problem was while taking the old carb off, I sent the clip that holds the throttle linkage on flying and it (of course) fell between the radiators in the front. As I looked down to see if I could get it, I saw a big puddle of green staring up at me. It was pretty obvious that the radiator was leaking. So, that goes on the top of the "to fix" list.

Oh- yes Jim fished the clip out with a magnet off the refrigerator (thank you Affluent Travel!) and some string.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great site lots of usefull infomation here.
»