Thursday, January 10, 2008

today I'm shopping for parts

Specifically, a new wheel cyclinder for the drum brakes on the '67 Convertible. it's the parts that the brakes lines go into at the wheel, and what creates the braking pressure to the pads. Here's what it looks like:



My brother is moving into the house where the convertible is being stored, and he'll be moving a few cars down there, so I thought I'd take advantage of the opportunity to have the 'vert towed up to my house, where I can work on it more easily. But I'd like to change the wheel cylinder out before that happens so the car will have an effective braking system (helpful for when you're moving them around).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have a set of these that are sleeved in stainless steel, they will last forever. Unlike the cast iron ones that will need to be replaced in a few more years, again A little more $s now but in the long run worth it.
You can have them done but I have them in stock.
And yes we have them on the 67 Cadillac Convertible on the site
Chip
chipscaddys.com