Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Driving the Massive Cadillac

I picked my car up this morning, really early, because I got a ride from Jim on his way into work. When I started it, it was obviously running better than when I brought it in, but the idle was really high. I drove it home, and about halfway there, it started to calm down. I parked it in the parking spot behind the building (which is very narrow, so if you pull in front end first, you pretty much have to back out the long driveway) what a difference between the Porsche and this Cadillac! It's huge! I had almost forgotten what it was like to drive a car with such a huge front end.

Then I drove it into work. I had a really hard time getting out of the car because I park on the side of the road (parallel to the curb) and the road has been paved so many times there is a slope to the curb from the road so you push your door uphill. It's difficult in the Porsche, because the door doesn't stay open very well and you have to get up off the seat as well as out. But in the Cadillac, I can barely open the door! The weight and gravity combined make it pretty hard. I better start lifting weights. But still it was awesome to be able to drive it around. There are obviously some other things it needs there is still an exhaust leak somewhere, and there is a rattle in the back that sounds like a bad bushing...plus it needs a stereo, but priority number 1 is to get the upholstery done so it's not so smelly...

No comments: