Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Car Back From A&A


Well, I was able to pick up the Eldo at A&A this weekend! It actually worked out perfectly! Some of the online Cadillac group was meeting to go to A&A and I got a ride from them to the yard. I hadn't called to let them know I was coming that day, luckily Nick, the mechanic working on my car, was there and was able to finish up a few last-minute things before we had to leave. The final cost on all the repairs was $2300. I usually would be pretty angry about spending over half the cost of the car on repairs (actually I did a quick calculation - to date I've spent $5240 which IS more than I paid for the car) But it's totally worth it. I love driving around in this car!

Here's a list of what was done:
-The engine was completely resealed
-new freeze plugs installed
-they fixed the power windows so I don't have to switch to "emergency" to use them
-they took the toggle switch out for the tail lights and made them work from the headlight switch again
-the power seat works now
-new heater core
-the defrost works (with a switch below the dash)
-new thermostat
-new hoses
-resurfaced the exhaust manifolds
-replaced the broken bolt on the exhaust manifold
-the headlights now make an attempt to work, so some of the vacuum system must have been fixed.
-New rear shocks with air hoses accessible from the rear near the gas tank instead of in the trunk
-

After I got it back I took it to the car wash(which I should probably not do again until I get it painted, as every time I wash it, more paint seems to come off). And took some photos, I will post a couple here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very pretty design! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»

Anonymous said...

Nice idea with this site its better than most of the rubbish I come across.
»