Monday, May 22, 2006

other cars...

Here’s a quick update on my other cars while we are waiting for the 67 Eldo to come back.

'93 Eldo - I was going to try to drive this car to my parents house so I could leave it there for a while and not have to worry about it on the street (the tags are expired [I just got the new one in the mail this weekend so they are going on the car tonight] and I have to move it once a month for street cleaning) I got the car to the gas station about 2 miles down the road, and it was already smoking so badly from the coolant leak, that I turned around and left it at home. There was a lady who was interested in the car last week I told her I'd sell it to her for $2100, and listed the work it needed with my phone number. She never called back. I think I will see how much I can get either a used engine for, or see if a shop nearby can re-seal the engine for less than $2000.

'84 944 - I think it needs a new clutch. Which will cost me another $2000. It’s still running fine, but recently it's had a little bit of a hard time starting in the morning(this could be the starter, but it seems to start only when I push the clutch all the way into the floor), and the "clunk" sound that came with it when I bought it seems to be getting worse.

'67 Convertible - I am still trying to get this car officially insured so I can tow and or drive it around to mechanics in the upcoming year. The last notice from the insurance company told me they needed proof it had headlights. I put the headlights back on and took more photos, but wasn't able to turn the lights on (I will need to charge the battery to do that) so hopefully having the lights on the car will be enough. I would like to have this car finished for the 2007 Grand National in Savanna, Georgia. It needs engine work, a new top, and paint, but the cars listed above will also need to be fixed this year, so I'll have to budget wisely.

'79 DeVille - Still sitting under a car cover (which is almost disintegrated) and I'm sure there must be a major rust hole under the vinyl top, since there is now mold on the headliner inside the car. I would really love to work on this car this year too, but it's just not going to be possible. I really wish I had been able to garage this car years ago.

No comments: